Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Life on the Coast!

So it's been a little while since I have written, so I figured I''ll write a little about how things are going.
So I moved to Wilmington, NC this past Sunday, excited to be by the coast, but ready to be home. I'm still ready for school to start, excited for what the semester has in store for me. But I can't say that I hate living here. Our apartments are about 7 miles from the beach, and there is all kinds of things to do here. I have been to the beach every day since getting here, and I plan on going everyday till I leave. Here is how the past 2 days have went. Wake up at 8:30, go to the beach till around noon, come home, eat some lunch, take a nap till around 4 or 5 when someone gets a job, go to the job, work till about 9, come home, eat, and sleep. Ah, what a tough life.
But as great as it is to life here I struggle to find time for God. It's something that has been a struggle all summer. I really don't have those right here to challenge me in this area. That's one reason I'm ready to be at school, I find it easier to stay up on my devos, and to have those good faith talks. But I'm excited for the ways God is going to work this semester. The thing I'm most excited for is to go through The Truth Project again. That has been one of the biggest tools that has helped my growth over the past year. Even now, I think back to that and am still discovering new things through what was presented to me in those videos. I feel that God has some purpose for me not being able to go to Focus this semester. So that's what's up with me! Peace out!!

1 comment:

  1. God definitely has a purpose for you this semester & I am so excited to see how He is going to use you!! :)

    Even though is stinks ALOT about Focus, just think about how much awesome God's plans are for you! He tends to close doors on what WE think is best for our lives, but of course He has soo much more knowledge of what's best. I speak from personal testimony of that too. And THAT'S why I am wayyyy excited to see what is in store for YOU, Scott Gingerich! Yayyyyy :):):)

    ReplyDelete