1. DMZ tour – Cross into North Korea
2. Visit a Buddhist temple - Have always wanted to visit one
*Buddhist village, not really a temple, but lots of religious buildings
3. Eat Gaegogi - It's a delicacy that I have been told I must try
*Done and good!
4. Visit a farm - How could I not?
-Went out to the country and walked past fields, but did not visit a farm.
5. Eat octopus - Sounds nasty, but I have to try it
-Did not get around to this, and I must say, not the most disappointed.
6. Try every piece of food I’m offered - First experience, cow blood; next, I have no idea
*Did not turn down anything, and the only really nasty thing was anchovies. Silkworm larva wasn't even that bad.
7. Run to Seoul Tower for the sunrise - Gorgeous run that makes you feel like your not in Seoul, and allows you to see the entire city. (It is huge!)
*Done and went in the Tower, which was awesome!
8. Attend a different church every Sunday - I love to worship in many settings
*Every Sunday I went. I missed my last two Sundays, but I got a good experience of American churches in Korea.
9. Attend a church service in Korean - My favorite part of travel is being able to worship the same God, even if we do not speak the same language. I love how God transcends language and tears down barriers to bring us together!
-Sadly I did not. Probably my biggest disappointment.
10. Attend a Korean wedding - I have connections!
-Lack of communication on wedding week prevented me. I missed a few phone calls and missed out on the opportunity.