Friday, June 15, 2012

Contract Extension

I have decided to sign a contract extension to stay with Family Life Services through the end of December.  Even in making this decision, I do not have complete peace about it, but I did not have peace about returning home either.  My heart is divided for many reasons.  There are so many great opportunities and so much that my heart wants to accomplish.  But God has taught me so much here and I feel that He has so much to teach me over these next six months.
My heart longs to be back in Indiana, but my heart breaks for the children here.  I feel that I will be in Indiana within the next year, but the things I will learn in the next six months are going to benefit me for life.  This decision was not easy because my life here feels like chaos.  I get frustrated when I come home and walk into my room which is strewn with stuff, from materials for work, to bills, to notes for others, and to clothes that take to much energy to hang up.  It's a reminder of things undone, which right now seems like a lot.
Work is my life here, and I don't want that to be the case.  I work and train and find myself exhausted.
But God is near, these frustrations draw me closer to Him, and have created a bond that none can break!  I love my work and spreading Truth.  I love my roommates and their hearts to truly know God.  I love my co-workers and their encouragement to me.  There is much Joy!  "For the Lord has done great things for us, we are filled with JOY!" Psalm 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment