Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tough Training Week

This past week was a great week of training.  Two weeks ago I had the stomach flu and wasn't able to finish a few workouts, but this past week made up for it.  Had some great swims including a 2.5 mile swim in 1 hr 17 min. on Thursday followed by an hour run (First time I've completed any of the 3 events).  Friday finished a 20.5 mile run in 3 hours and still had plenty in me.  Today completed my first century ride of training, although my legs seemed to give out at the 60 mile mark.  Had a little over 18 hours logged and should log over 18 hours this next week before tapering starts up.  
At this time, I haven't even been thinking about the race, but I'm so ready to be done with the long training weeks.  Soon enough though, I hope to become an Ironman finisher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment